You'll notice in today's new Beta update that battle pet currency has changed. Here are the main changes:
- Pet Charms will be named Glänzender Haustierglücksbringers. Shiny Pet Charms continue to be acquired by doing pre-BFA battle pet content.
- A new currency has been added -- Polished Pet Charms. These are acquired by doing BFA content, such as Pet Battle World Quests.
- Vendors that sell battle pet items that are always useful have had their wares changed to require new Polierter Haustierglücksbringers as currency. For example, the vendor Serr’ah in Dalaran now wants the new Polierter Haustierglücksbringers. Similar vendors who sell such items have had their costs adjusted as well.
- Vendors that sell things like unique pets or toys that have always required Glänzender Haustierglücksbringers will still require Glänzender Haustierglücksbringers. For example, Giada Goldleash in Dalaran will still sell all of her pets and toys for Shiny Pet Charms.
- The Taschenportal für Haustiere item, which was an achievement reward for completing 30 of the Pet Battle World Quests on the Broken Isles, will be added to a vendor with a Polierter Haustierglücksbringer cost. This is to avoid players feeling obligated to farm previous expansion’s world quests. You can do current content to catch yourself up. This is coming in a future Beta build.
- Ultimate Battle-Training Stones are going to have their cost increased from 45 to 60 Pet Charms.
What this means for you: always-useful items will eventually move to the new currency, so you don't feel obligated to do older content. If you still need pets from older content, they are purchasable with that content's charms.
Spend those charms!
There will not be a conversion, nor will you lose them.