Hello! I'd like to share with you all my journey in goldmaking and what I have been doing this month...
Well, first off, I hit a new milestone making 1 million in a month! I had not thought about it until I added up the gold. Interestingly, I am still under target for my 5 Million Challenge, but it goes to show what the psychology of following a goal and aiming high can do for motivation and results!!
So, for those that do not know, I am aiming to get the Brutosaur mount when it comes out and set myself a target to earn 5 million gold before release. I made a chart to track my progress, you are welcome to take a copy yourself and follow along ..
My tools of choice for gaining my gold are the professions Enchanting, Tailoring, Cooking and Leatherworking
. This month, I added in Alchemy and Mining
. In order to get the mining up to speed, I had to level my DK to 80 by doing Hellfire Ramparts in a boosted group to 72 and Karazhan trash farming from 72 to 80.Enchanting
- Enchanting sales have been good. The price of materials has dropped drastically with people dumping mats before BfA. I was able to finally clear my overstock of Chaoskristall
and then compete at current prices.
Good Legion enchants are still selling along with Waffe - Elementarkraft
, Waffe - Mungo
and the Speed boosting Cloaks and Boots. I also added in WoD rings and necks (all the gifts apart from mastery) and they have been selling well. The only issue now is getting enough Temporaler Kristall
. I've started up my garrison Enchanters Study work orders to help.Cooking
- Food took a bit of a dive mid month where people on my server seemed to stop raiding. Things have picked up again with pre-patch imminent and I'm still getting sales of Üppiges Festmahl von Suramar
. Now that Mage Tower is up 24/7, Bärentatar
is selling very well. I still have a stock of 2k which I bought for 2g and am selling for 9g. I've managed to sell about 1k of them already.Tailoring
- Tailoring is less profitable for me, but a steady income. I sell the Haxweave bags as I make them, I see no point in stock piling as the new bags may or may not supersede them. Shirts are small profits, but steady. I'm still selling Schattenzwirnmaske
for good profits. I've not touched Glutseidenstoff
much this month, so can't comment on that.Leatherworking
- This is mainly Trommeln der Wut
for me, I used to get a few sales, but now with the mage tower, they are selling very well indeed for good prices too!Alchemy
- I'm focusing on transmute master side of things. I've had occasional sales of Lebendiger Stahl
, the panther gems and Echtgold
, but there have been large gaps with no sales. When I do get them though, profits are high on my server. I'm hoping to expand on this next month.Mining
- Now I am up to Pandaria level, I can now complement the Alchemy with my own Geistereisenerz
which is working out really well so far. I only just got to 80 at the end of the month, most of the work was on leveling in June, so now I am looking forward to adding this in next month.
I had a big sale of an Nexushäscher des Astraleums
for 83k which was a nice boost to my professions as well as the odd transmog I've picked up on the way. I did explore a couple of farms like Geist der Harmonie
as well as work on Halfhill Farm rep for my Alchemist.
All in all it's been a fantastic month and even though I am 500k short of my target, I'm pretty confident I'll make it up before BfA.
I hope this has helped others with their own gold making and given some ideas as to what's working for me on a low pop server. Perhaps they will work for you too?